Programme 7 September
A parade of approximately 100 historic and contemporary military and civilian vehicles will wind its ways through the city from the south of Antwerp. Marching bands and re-enactors will join this unique parade at Stadspark, and so can you!
You can experience the atmosphere of the Liberation of Antwerp in the Liberation Village near the Scheldt, which also features more contemporary elements. In addition to the vehicles in the parade, you can visit the contemporary defence village, a re-enactment camp, experience containers where you can learn more about life during World War II, a street dance battle and young people can check whether they have what it takes to join the army.
Parade of flight/flotilla
Historic planes will fly over the Scheldt, and the flotilla of historic and contemporary ships. In the evening, you can also attend a magnificent audio-visual spectacle in Grote Markt, at three different times.
Join us at the Liberation Ball in Groenplaats and dance the night away to golden oldies. The Liberation Village is the venue for a dance party with performances and DJs.
Programme 8 September
- Sunday is all about remembrance and commemoration.
- An inspiring remembrance ceremony in Stadspark.
- The Liberation Village will be open from 10.30 am until 5.30 pm.
- You can visit the historic and contemporary ships that are moored along the Scheldt quays and near the MAS.
- You can see historic airplanes at Antwerp Airport and in Museum Stampe & Vertongen.
- The Liberation Parade will leave the city in the afternoon, heading northwards.